Dr. Philipp Heidler
Registered German Patent Attorney, Registered European Patent Attorney, Registered European Trademark and Design Attorney, Licensed Pharmacist
- 1991/1992: Completed exchange year at Buckingham, Brown & Nichols High School in Boston, MA, U.S.A.
- 1996 to 2001: Earned degree in pharmacy from the University of Hamburg (passed 1st state examination in 1998 and 2nd state examination in 2000, passed 3rd state examination and was licensed as pharmacist in 2001)
- 2001: Completed traineeship at GlaxoSmithKline in Bad Oldesloe in the areas of production and quality assurance
- 2002 to 2004: Earned doctorate in pharmacology from the University of Marburg (Philipps-Universität)
- 2005: joined LANG & TOMERIUS in Munich
- 2008: Completed internships at the German Patent and Trademark Office and the German Federal Patent Court; Registered as German patent attorney, European trademark attorney and European design attorney
- 2009: Registered as European patent attorney; internship in intellectual property department at Baker & Hostetler, Washington D.C., U.S.A.
Areas of Expertise
- Drafting and prosecution of patent and utility model applications before the German Patent and Trademark Office and the European Patent Office, in particular in the areas of life science, chemistry and mechanics
- Drafting and prosecution of trademark and design patent applications
- Prosecution of opposition and appeal proceedings before the German Patent and Trademark Office, the German Federal Patent Court and the European Patent Office
- Patent infringement and nullity proceedings
- Counsel in matters pertaining to the German law on employee inventions
- Counsel in matters pertaining to intellectual property right infringements and the legal validity of intellectual property rights