Data Privacy Statement
1. Name and contact details of the persons responsible for data processing and of the company data protection officer
These data protection guidelines are valid for the processing of data by:
Lang & Tomerius Patentanwaltspartnerschaft mbB (hereinafter: Lang & Tomerius), Rosa-Bavarese-Str. 5, 80639 Munich, Germany, email: email@example.com, telephone: +49 (89) 54369960, telefax: +49 (89) 54369970
The data protection officer at Lang & Tomerius can be reached at the address indicated above, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the type and purpose of their use when visiting the website
When you visit our website www.patented.de, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file accessed,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability
- For further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- You have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR
- The disclosure according to Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data
- In the event that there is a legal obligation for the transfer according to Art. 6 (1) c) GDPR, and
- it is legally permissible and required for the processing of the contractual relationship with you according to Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR.
Information is stored in the cookie, which results in connection with the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned to safeguard our legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can mean that you cannot use all functions of our website.
5. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can obtain information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, unless it was collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information about its details;
- to immediately request, according to Art. 16 GDPR, the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to demand restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, provided that the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer need the data, but you need it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- to revoke your consent given to us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or of our office.
6. Right to object
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR insofar as there are reasons resulting from the particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, an email to email@example.com is sufficient.
7. Data security
We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure in connection with the highest encryption level which is supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, we use 128 bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the key or lock symbol in the status bar of your browser being displayed in a locked state.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
8. Up-to-dateness and change of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status of June 2020. Due to the further development of our website and offers using it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may be necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can download and print out the current data protection declaration at any time.